LUCENA CITY – A 96-year-old woman and two other senior citizens contracted the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in San Pablo City, authorities said on Saturday, April 10.
The woman, two other elderlies – male, 81 and female, 80 – and a 7-year-old boy were among the 22 new validated virus carriers in the city, the city’s Anti-COVID-19 Task Force said in a report. The three elderlies have mild symptoms and are under home isolation.
Authorities also reported that at least 17 COVID-19 patients, including a 6-month-old boy, have recovered.
The COVID-19 death toll in the city rose to 63 after a 72-year-old woman died from the dreaded illness, report said.
San Pablo has logged 1,904 COVID-19 cases and 1,509 recoveries since the pandemic was declared in March last year.
The city still has 332 active virus carriers which were only 266 on April 1, indicating the continuous surge of more virus carriers.
San Pablo, as part of Laguna province, is under the stricter enhanced community quarantine until Sunday, April 11, to curb the continued rise in COVID-19 cases.
On Saturday, presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said President Duterte is still reviewing the new quarantine classifications for Metro Manila, and its four adjacent provinces – Bulacan, Rizal, Laguna and Cavite – after April 11.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.